Christmas is over and done with and you have 6 months to go!
Just recently I have been asked by couples, well mostly brides who are getting married this summer, what should they be doing now that Christmas is done and dusted. You have 5-6 months to go and before you know it spring will be here, which then leaves you only a few months left to finish of all them last minute preparations for your wedding day.
Everyone knows how stressful and overwhelming that last few months can be, but take a deep breath!
Here is a small tick of list, of things that should be given your attention, it's abit of a long one but hopefully it will help some of you brides who are not quite sure what they should be doing now!
1. If you haven't already picked your bridesmaids dresses, have a day off and meet up, make a day of it, with incorporating dress shopping but at the same time, finding somewhere to eat and drink and discuss with the girls the rest of your wedding plans. Don't for get all the accessories!
2. Are you booking the Wedding Transport or is he, make sure that's if it's him that you keep on nagging him to get it sorted as June, July, August and September are busy wedding months, so double check this has been done.
3. Make sure that wedding invitations are ready to go out, especially if you are inviting family from overseas. Give guests a time limit to respond, this is usually 6-8 weeks before your wedding day, then you will know who is not coming and who you can invite of your reserve list.
Don't forget to create a spread sheet, this will help with the table planning later.
4. If you have not already found and picked your florist this would be a good time to start. If you have a favorite flower let your florist know. Places to find a florist:
Recommendations from Family and Friends
Remember to have a look at their work on their website check out their reviews. Then make an appointment to discuss your requirements.
Personally myself I would off booked my florist about a year before my wedding day, but a lot of couples are now leaving it later, sometimes it depends on the budget which is left.
Hair & Make up
5. Book your hair and make up, if the budget is tight, talk to your bridesmaids and see if they would like to do their own make up or would they mind paying for themselves. Sometimes you will get a discount, if their are more of you being done.
If you have already book then this would be a good time to contact them and make an appointment for your trails, this is a good time to get the girls to come with you, for some support and help. To have your hair up or down?
6. Make an appointment with your wedding decorator to discuss any changes that you are thinking of having or just to discuss how things will look, with your colour, style and theme that you want to achieve on your wedding day. Bring any samples you may have to show them.
Discuss access times and how long they will be there and when will they collect.
7. Start thinking about them all important gifts which you need to find to make the day just perfect for your parents, bridesmaids, groomsmen, ushers and of course yourselves.
8. A quick email to all your suppliers just to make sure that everything is in place as you would like it to be. Let them know times when they are required. This is also the time to think about them last minute extra's you would like and the finances say you can afford, so give them suppliers a call!
9. This is the time when you should be thinking about them all important wedding rings, make a list of jewellers and go and have alook at some, they will be able to show you what they have in the way of designs and golds. Do you want white gold?, do you want a pattern on your ring?, do you want them to match?, these are all things to take in to consideration and they will be able to advise your accordingly.
The Legal Bit
Don't forget for most Marriages and Civil Partnerships, you must give at least 28 full days notice at your local registry office. I have put some down for Nottingham and Derby
Nottinghamshire Registry Offices
Arnold Registry Office
Basford Registy office
Stapleford Registry Office
Bridgford Hall Registry Office
Country House Mansfield Registry Office
The Gilstape Newark Registry office
Retford Registry Office
The Nottinghamshire Registry Office - Worksop
The Council House - City Centre
Derbyshire Registry Offices
Derby Registry Office ( Chesterfield)
Matlock Registration Office
Ashbourne Registration Office
Bakewell Registration Office
High Peak Registration Office
Buxton Registration Office
IIkeston Registration Office
Long Eaton Registration Office
Ripley Registration office
Swadlincote Registration Office
There is still plenty to do but if you have the majority of items in place when it comes to 2-3 months before your Wedding Day you should feel comfortable that you have defiantly lightened the load and can move forward to your next chapter .
Just remember, that to-do-list's are fantastic, seeing them items ticked off defiantly encourages you to continue, it will all be worth it in the end, remember your goal!
Best of Luck and Happy Planning
If you would like a little help with your Planning, please get in touch to book a Complimentary Consultation.
Returned back to work on the 8th January and been so busy this first week back, especially Saturday I had quite a few appointments, couples who had booked and I had not seen for a while and new couples wanting some guidance who were quite not sure what they wanted or needed.
When you meet a couple for the first time it can go either way, they know what they want, including Style, Theme, Colour and Design and it makes my job a lot more easier when showing them items or they just don't have a clue, which can be so hard, as they don't always have that vision as yet and that could be down to a few factors, they may be indecisive and find it hard to make a discussion, just in case it's the wrong one, family members and friends are not always on hand to give that reassurance ok due to living too far away, they are unable to help, they know they have to do it, but time passes them by and then they get the wakeup call they only have 4-6 months to plan the rest of their wedding!
Are you at this stage? you know what I am talking about, you have done the biggest and most important stuff, book your venue, you have sent the invitations out, got your wedding dress, booked your singer or DJ you know what you’re eating and drinking, it's the finishing touches which still need to be done which is as important as everything else that you have chosen for your wedding day. The bridesmaids dresses, the suits, flowers, styling and decor. Which one comes first, could it be the colour of bridesmaid's dresses, which then can determine the flower colours, which then determines the styling and sash colour as well as decor then the suits, what if you choose pink dresses and then pink flowers and pink sashes, will the groom and his bestman be happy to wear a pink buttonhole, if not then you are back to square one again, but It's nothing to feel scared about, you just need some help and don't feel embarrassed about asking for it, we all need a little help once in a while!
I know sometimes organizing a wedding can be overwhelming and feels very stressful and frustrating. So when family and friends cannot be on hand to give their honest opinion's and support to these couples, that's where I can step in and give that all importance reassurance with support and guidance, from our first meeting right through to their wedding day.
GET IN TOUCH